Chicken Pot Pie
It is so cold out...You are going to love this comfort food! You need a little more time to cook this hearty meal! It is perfect to reheat and eat in the car between practices.
- 6 serving Pick a vegetable to add to this meal
- 2 already made pie crusts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 creamer or milk
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots uncooked
In your pan, melt the butter and cook the onion. Add the chicken broth in to a slow boil. Add the flour in a little at a time. It will thicken up in the pan. Add the milk in with the rest of the vegis and chicken. Follow instructions on the pie crusts. Pour the filling in the pie crust and gently put the other crust on top. Polk a hole in it. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.